Monday, January 10, 2011

Snow Day

Well, it is officially a snow day! School is cancelled, the gym was closed and icicle are formed on all the rooftops. Days like these remind me of growing up in Texas with occasional snow days. We would always hook up that old tractor hood to the 4 wheeler and spend all day throwing each other off.  We had challenges to see who could bounce the most snow off the trampoline in one bounce. And we raced down the ice covered hay bails trying not to slip and fall. So funny all the things you think of when your a kid. We would spend hours out in the freezing cold and never realize that we were soaking wet and numb to the bone.

Now, I enjoy my snow days a bit differently. I love to slip into my cozy sweats and snuggle on the couch. I enjoy sipping on a good cup of hot chocolate and listening to the fire crackle. I love the feeling of a hot bath and a warm robe at night, then a good nights sleep under my fluffy down comforter. All the while, the blinds are open so I can enjoy the view of the snow covered ground and dripping icicles while it lasts. I hope everyone is warm this winter and creating memories that last a lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment