Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Success

Well today was the day of truth. All the hard work I have put into diet and exercise has paid off. I have managed to lose 10lbs and 10lbs of body fat, and gain almost 2 lbs of muscle. And not to mention, I am still taking 10mg of perdnisone each day. Although the weight is not falling off as fast as I would like, I am trying to refocus on a long term change rather than "right now." I know that because of my RA, exercise is something that needs to become part of me. Not, only does it keep my joints moving but it helps keep my heart healthy. The later of the two is extremely important because the #1 killer in people with RA is heart disease.  I have also been making modifications to my diet. Something that has really helped is writing everything down. At the end of the day, this helps me review everything I have put into my mouth. Also, I try not to make my life miserable by being super strict about food. I focus on healthy choices with veggies, fruits, whole grains and protein. Every now and then I squeeze in a slice of pizza, but I try not to indulge too often. My goal is to keep up the work and continue to see progress. This is a long term lifetime change.

No comments:

Post a Comment